Sexual Harassment Prevention Committee
As per instructions from Vice Chancellor RGUHS, Sexual harassment Prevention committee has been formed at MVJ College of Nursing. The committee consists of following members, who are appointed by CEO, of MVJCON.
CHAIRPERSON: Dr. Dharani Mohan, CEO.
SECRETARY: G.Priscilla Nirmal, Principal.
- Circle Inspector of Police.
- Mrs.Mahalakshmi B, Assistant Professor
- Mrs.Parkavi, Associate Professor
- Mr.Aravind, Lecturer
- Mr. Bharath Kumar, Assistant Lecturer
- Ms. Shangtha Anal, Nursing Tutor
- Ms. Valentina, III year GNM student
- Mr. Ravi Raj, I year B.Sc (N) student
The objectives of the SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION COMMITTEE is to prevent Sexual Harassment of Women at the institution are as follows:
- To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender based violence at the Institute.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
- To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
- To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
The members of the Committee shall meet at least four times in a year. The Chairperson shall preside over the meeting. The Chairperson may upon the request of not less than one third of the total members of the Committee, call a meeting on a date not later than fifteen days after the receipt of such requisition.
All decision in the meeting will be taken through mutual consent from the members of the Committee present in the meeting. In the case of any disagreement among the members regarding any decision, Chairperson of the Committee shall hold the authority to take the final decision and her decision would be considered as final.