"Ragging leads to tears, shame, terror and sometimes death"
Ragging is defined as:
Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which the effect of teaching, treating or handling with rudeness any other student. Including in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or any other student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or any other student. Ragging in the College Campus is absolutely banned, and hence any student found indulging in an act of ragging shall meet strict disciplinary action, which may include immediate rustication from the Institute apart from criminal consequences.
'Nursing' is a noble profession. It members are revered for their human values, compassion and consideration for their fellow human beings. Every nursing student shall therefore learn to be self disciplined and observe rules and regulations as a matter of habit rather than because of fear of consequences. They shall at all times conduct themselves with proper dignity and decorum expected of a budding nurse. The following instructions are framed to prevent the menace of ragging and foster healthy interpersonal relations among students at MVJCON.
- Ragging is strictly forbidden in or outside the campus.
- All students shall familiarize themselves with rules/regulations/guidelines on code of conduct, anti-ragging measures and discipline of the institute.
- All 'fresher's should attend counseling sessions organized for them from time to time by the college staff.
- All 'fresher's are allotted to 'Academic Counselor' by name. Students may approach him/her for personal/academic counseling.
- Any student who suffers ragging or notices occurrence of ragging shall immediately report the event to concerned authority.
- Incidences of ragging can be reported to any member of Anti-ragging squad, Anti-ragging committee of the college or to Academic counselor.
- Students may report incidence of ragging either orally or in writing. They may also report the incidence in person or by phone. Anonymity of the caller will be maintained.
- The College Council has identified some senior students as 'Mentor'. List of these students is placed on all notice boards of the college. A fresher may choose any one of them as his buddy. He/she will provide emotional and peer support to the fresher in coping with institutional transition.
- All fresher's will be segregated & accommodated on one floor of the hostel. No senior student will be permitted to visit fresher's room at any time of the day/night.
- Dining hall and timing for various meals will be specified for the fresher's. No senior student shall enter that dining hall during time earmarked for freshers.
- Any victim of ragging not satisfied with the action taken by the Head of the Institution or by the University may submit an appeal in writing to report the event to the local police.
- Ensure ragging free campus and college.
- For fulfilling organizational missions and objectives, by maintaining free of ragging, prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging.
- Maintain amicable relations among students and faculty.
- Punishing those who indulge in ragging.
- To maintain documentation regarding the Anti ragging committee members.
- To keep / maintain the MVJ campus ragging free
- To keep in touch with the students to identify any incidents of ragging.
- To clarify / investigate about the incident.
- If found guilty, first warn, and in subsequent incidents take strong actions like punishments and fines.
- Report the incident to the higher Authorities for further management.
- To keep vigilance / check regularly to stop/ prevent/ avoid ragging among students.
- The members of the squad will visit at least twice in a week all potential areas of ragging on or outside the campus
- The squad conducts surprise visits/raids on hostels and other hot spots of ragging and apprehends the culprits.
- It shall record all verbal/telephonic/written complaints and take action as stipulated in the bye-laws of the university.
- It shall keep the principal informed of all events/occurrences of ragging in the college.
- Anti-ragging squad will be assisted by members of college teaching staff detailed by the office of the principal on day to day basis to keep vigil on untoward events.